As you are looking at new online marketing strategies this year, is video part of the equation?
A recent survey of media buying agencies, conducted by Strata, found that 45% of those polled are more interested in digital/online video than they were a year ago, while streaming/online radio saw a 53% increase. Overall, 67% of agencies said that their clients’ primary focus for campaigns is video advertising (including traditional TV, cable, and network, as well as digital video).
Client Interest in Advertising on Streaming/Online Video
- More than last year (45%)
- Same as last year (49%)
- Less than last year (6%)
72% of agencies said their clients are interested in advertising on YouTube, up 5% from last year. HULU followed at 36%, a 32% jump from 3Q13. Despite the strong growth for digital video, agencies still question the value of online video ads. 47% said they are fairly confident they are getting a good value for their money in recent digital video ad purchases, while 40% say they are unsure, says the report.
Other key findings:
• 89% plan on using Facebook in client campaigns, which is the third highest number in the STRATA Agency Survey since 2008. YouTube (53%), Twitter (50%), LinkedIn (36%) and Pinterest (32%) followed.
• Pinterest had the largest year-to-year growth, jumping up 31% over 2Q13.
• 51% project the second half of 2014 to be better than the first half, up 19% from the second quarter of 2013
• 31% are less interested in Out of Home advertising than a year ago, the largest percentage since 2008.